atom feed6 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.plone-usersjsMath in Plone
FromSent OnAttachments
Mike DonovanJun 9, 2006 12:12 pm
Alexander LimiJun 11, 2006 12:21 am
David BainJun 11, 2006 10:06 pm
Mike DonovanJun 12, 2006 7:01 am
Raphael RitzJun 12, 2006 8:44 am
Alexander LimiJun 12, 2006 2:34 pm
Subject:jsMath in Plone
From:Mike Donovan (mdon@public.gmane.org)
Date:Jun 9, 2006 12:12:20 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.plone-users

I just gone done testing this, and it works very well....

jsMath is a Javascript-based implementation of LaTeX's math formatting code:

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/

I added support for it to my Plone site in a few easy steps (which took me a few tries to get right). :)

First, I set up a local copy of the jsMath support files within my Apache front-end (which is much cleaner than uploading thousands of tiny images into Plone).

Then, I added this to the end of my footer template, just before the last </div>:

Then, I added <span> to the list of permitted tags in Kupu, and that was it! I copied and pasted some samples from the jsMath website, and they displayed and printed very nicely.