We have just delivered our first release of GlassFish Server under the Oracle umbrella! This announcement covers both GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.0.1 and the commercial Oracle GlassFish Server 3.0.1
The primary goal of this release is to bring GlassFish Server in line with Oracle corporate standards, although there are some additional benefits as well. The details of this release are outlined below.
[u]Updated/New Platforms & JDK Support[/u]
* Added: Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 & 5 (32 & 64-bit JVMs)
* Updated: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (added 64-bit JVM support)
* Added: Windows 2008 R2 (32 & 64-bit JVMs)
* Added: HP-UX 11i (11.23, 11.31) (32 & 64-bit JVM)
* Oracle Branding
* Multi-lingual distributions
* Oracle GlassFish Server 3.0.1 now bundles the Monitoring Scripting Client, and can be downloaded for evaluation at http://edelivery.oracle.com/
* Additional incremental improvements are covered in the release notes:
As always, we look forward to community feedback on how we can make improvements as we steam ahead for GlassFish Server 3.1 with clustering support.
[Message sent by forum member 'jclingan']