atom feed4 messages in org.perl.perl-ldapRe: web user authentication using Net...
FromSent OnAttachments
Prabu UthirapathiSep 9, 2005 6:40 am
Marco MarongiuSep 9, 2005 6:42 am
Ken CornetetSep 9, 2005 9:31 am
Justin B. AlcornSep 12, 2005 9:08 am
Subject:Re: web user authentication using Net::LDAP
From:Justin B. Alcorn (jus@jalcorn.net)
Date:Sep 12, 2005 9:08:51 am
List:org.perl.perl-ldap

In a process of deep contemplation, Prabu Uthirapathi carefully constucted the following missive on 9/9/2005 9:40 AM:

I would like to use Net::LDAP module to authenticate web user against active directory. I have done the following steps. a) Created the LDAP connection b) Bind the LDAP using admin user id and password.

But I dont know how to authenticate the web user who uses the login page (user id and password) against active directory. Please advise.

Don't bother with the admin bind unless you need to display some information to the user.

Just gather username and password, bind (using LDAP over SSL), and a successful bind means that the user is authenticated.