atom feed3 messages in net.launchpad.lists.openstack[Openstack] Ansible playbooks for Ope...
FromSent OnAttachments
Timothy GerlaJul 8, 2013 8:02 am
Daniel P. BerrangeJul 10, 2013 5:08 am
Jay PipesJul 10, 2013 6:11 am
Subject:[Openstack] Ansible playbooks for OpenStack
From:Timothy Gerla (ti@gerla.net)
Date:Jul 8, 2013 8:02:36 am
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this with the group in the hopes that we could get some feedback. We've built a set of Ansible playbooks to install & configure a "full" OpenStack deployment based on the Red Hat packaging on CentOS 6.

(Ansible is a configuration management and software deployment automation tool: http://www.ansibleworks.com/)

Here are the playbooks and some basic documentation:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible-redhat-openstack

I'm interested to know what folks think and if anyone finds this useful. I think it might be useful for quick deployments (you can go from a group of minimally installed CentOS boxes to OpenStack in 20-30 minutes), and I think this could serve as the basis for a more sophisticated production deployment mechanism.

We are also doing a howto webinar to present this, on July 11, 8AM Pacific Time (http://ansibleworks.enterthemeeting.com/m/4JMW7MBA)

Thanks for looking! Any feedback appreciated!

-Tim