atom feed21 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-devRe: In-Development Release Naming
FromSent OnAttachments
John BurwellJul 1, 2013 11:28 am
Daan HooglandJul 1, 2013 11:57 am
Mathias MullinsJul 1, 2013 12:26 pm
Chip ChildersJul 1, 2013 1:14 pm
Daan HooglandJul 1, 2013 1:40 pm
Chip ChildersJul 1, 2013 1:42 pm
John BurwellJul 1, 2013 1:44 pm
Daan HooglandJul 1, 2013 10:31 pm
Sebastien GoasguenJul 2, 2013 1:02 am
Daan HooglandJul 2, 2013 1:22 am
Sebastien GoasguenJul 2, 2013 1:28 am
John BurwellJul 2, 2013 6:12 am
Sudha PonnagantiJul 2, 2013 6:23 am
John BurwellJul 2, 2013 6:26 am
Sudha PonnagantiJul 2, 2013 6:46 am
John BurwellJul 2, 2013 7:00 am
Sudha PonnagantiJul 2, 2013 8:16 am
John BurwellJul 15, 2013 1:16 pm
Sudha PonnagantiJul 15, 2013 1:34 pm
John BurwellJul 15, 2013 1:38 pm
Daan HooglandJul 16, 2013 1:53 pm
Subject:Re: In-Development Release Naming
From:Sebastien Goasguen (run@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 2, 2013 1:28:55 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

On 7/2/13 10:22 AM, Daan Hoogland wrote:

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Sebastien Goasguen<run@gmail.com>wrote:

To me, codenames are confusing . I'd rather see a clear message like "we are bumping the release number to version x.y because of this major feature…." than start talking about a " "gammaray" pre-RC dev release that will later maybe become x.y but we are not sure."

Sebastien, It would seem to me that '4.2 pre-rc dev release that may later become 5.0 but we are not sure.' is at the least not less confusing. A 4.2 rc implies that the fact that there will be a 4.2 is set, which is not true if the number is bumped.

Right, but we should know before cutting a "4.2" branch if it's really going to be 4.2 or not, from looking at JIRA and proposed features

Other then that I agree that the fun of having a gammaray release is rather thin as justification.

regards,