atom feed10 messages in com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-listRe: [xsl] Spelling Othello (Was: Re: ...
FromSent OnAttachments
M. David PetersonApr 4, 2005 1:41 pm
Dimitre NovatchevApr 4, 2005 2:30 pm
Wendell PiezApr 4, 2005 2:54 pm
Robert KobergApr 4, 2005 2:56 pm
M. David PetersonApr 4, 2005 2:56 pm
JBry...@s-s-t.comApr 4, 2005 3:03 pm
M. David PetersonApr 4, 2005 3:07 pm
Michael KayApr 4, 2005 3:43 pm
Colin Paul AdamsApr 4, 2005 11:22 pm
Dimitre NovatchevApr 5, 2005 1:02 am
Subject:Re: [xsl] Spelling Othello (Was: Re: [xsl] Text processing on XSLT 2.0)
From:Dimitre Novatchev (dnov@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 4, 2005 2:30:55 pm
List:com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-list

On Apr 5, 2005 7:10 AM, M. David Peterson <m.david.x2x2x@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I think that about covers it... FXSL it is then :)

Please see http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/2005/04/my_reaction_a_r.html for a slightly extended reaction...

Thank you Dimitre!!! As always the capabilites of FXSL have proven to be flat out amazing.

Actually, the *great praise* here goes to Saxon 8.3 and Mike Kay.

On this transform Saxon 8.3 is about 20 times faster than Saxon 8.2, with which I get:

Saxon 8.2 from Saxonica Java version 1.5.0_01 Stylesheet compilation time: 969 milliseconds Processing file:/C:\xml\Parsers\Saxon\Ver.8.3\samples\data\othello.xml Building tree for file:/C:\xml\Parsers\Saxon\Ver.8.3\samples\data\othello.xml using class net.sf.saxon.tinytree.TinyBuilder Tree built in 156 milliseconds Tree size: 18539 nodes, 154557 characters, 0 attributes Building tree for file:/C:/CVS-DDN/fxsl-xslt2/f/func-getWords.xsl using class net.sf.saxon.tinytree.TinyBuilder Tree built in 0 milliseconds Tree size: 43 nodes, 143 characters, 22 attributes Building tree for file:/C:/CVS-DDN/fxsl-xslt2/data/dictEnglish.xml using class net.sf.saxon.tinytree.TinyBuilder Tree built in 187 milliseconds Tree size: 139140 nodes, 528397 characters, 0 attributes Execution time: 135921 milliseconds

So,

Saxon 8.3 7 sec.

Saxon 8.2 136 sec.

I strongly hope that this great achievement is not revereted in future versions of Saxon.

There are some other extremely nice features of Saxon, which I've been using.

For example, can someone guess what would be the time if I didn't look up in the dictionary just the distinct words, but all words as they come in the text?