atom feed2 messages in net.java.dev.jsr-310.devRe: [jsr-310] Still on the road to jdk7?
FromSent OnAttachments
kleopatraJan 9, 2009 7:06 am
Stephen ColebourneJan 9, 2009 4:47 pm
Subject:Re: [jsr-310] Still on the road to jdk7?
From:Stephen Colebourne (scol@joda.org)
Date:Jan 9, 2009 4:47:37 pm
List:net.java.dev.jsr-310.dev

kleopatra wrote:

Some doubts are voiced over in the SwingX forum:

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=55797

My interpretation of the pre-xmas blogs/news was that 310 is slipping but still could make it - someone please clarify the current status?

Lots of people support JSR-310 and would like to see it in Java 7. But the amount of real time I have to devote to it (evenings and weekends) is such that it is unlikely to make the relevant deadlines.

It isn't ruled out, but unless something changes such that I can work on the JSR full-time I think it should be considered unlikely.

The best thing newcomers can do is to try the API, and report feedback exactly as you have been doing. This will help hone the API.

Stephen