atom feed21 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-devRe: [GSOC] Community Bonding Period
FromSent OnAttachments
Sebastien GoasguenMay 29, 2013 1:37 am
Sudha PonnagantiMay 29, 2013 3:06 am
Nguyen Anh TuMay 29, 2013 7:34 am
Ian DuffyMay 29, 2013 2:34 pm
Dharmesh KakadiaMay 30, 2013 1:15 am
Abhinandan PrateekMay 30, 2013 7:21 am
Shiva TejaMay 30, 2013 9:54 am
Kelcey Jamison DamageMay 30, 2013 10:07 am
Shiva TejaMay 30, 2013 10:12 am
Shiva TejaMay 30, 2013 10:13 am
Chip ChildersMay 30, 2013 10:14 am
Kelcey Jamison DamageMay 30, 2013 11:15 am
Prasanna SanthanamMay 30, 2013 9:59 pm
Han,MengJun 3, 2013 1:52 pm
Chip ChildersJun 3, 2013 1:55 pm
Sebastien GoasguenJun 3, 2013 2:20 pm
Nguyen Anh TuJun 3, 2013 6:47 pm
Han,MengJun 3, 2013 8:21 pm
Chip ChildersJun 4, 2013 12:27 pm
Sebastien GoasguenJun 5, 2013 7:58 am
Jessica TomechakJun 11, 2013 5:05 pm
Subject:Re: [GSOC] Community Bonding Period
From:Sebastien Goasguen (run@gmail.com)
Date:Jun 5, 2013 7:58:15 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

Hi guys,

Thanks for the introduction. Looks like you all are set with wiki and jira
access and privileges.

I now would like to have you do two "house keeping" things to get you on your
way to your respective projects:

1-Use your newly acquired JIRA privileges to create sub-tasks for your main JIRA
project ticket. Enter as many sub-tasks as you want. You can stick to the ones from your
proposal. Assign those new tasks to yourself. Meaning: "grab the ticket"

2-I would like to have you submit your first patche(s) during this bonding
period. I just made this commit: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=8fa8f08af9d97e6f12aded1361ef2a7dfe4d9012 It creates a new GSoC Guide in the CloudStack source.

You need to: -checkout the master branch -install publican and figure out how to build this new guide -add a new chapter in the guide, which corresponds to your project (basically
paste your proposal) -create a patch with git. -submit the patch via review board.

Once you guys do this, we can actually start working on the details of the
projects.

Remember that I have a few screencasts: -git:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c5JIW4onGk&list=PLb899uhkHRoZCRE00h_9CRgUSiHEgFDbC&index=5 -translation of documentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coVeK1QuIxM&list=PLb899uhkHRoZCRE00h_9CRgUSiHEgFDbC&index=2 I show some publican commands in the translation screencast.

If you have any issues, reach out on IRC, or ask questions on the list.

Cheers,

-Sebastien