atom feed23 messages in org.perl.dbi-devHandle Creation with new_child()
FromSent OnAttachments
David WheelerJan 31, 2005 10:28 pm
Tim BunceFeb 1, 2005 2:43 am
David WheelerFeb 1, 2005 9:16 am
Tim BunceFeb 2, 2005 2:58 am
David WheelerFeb 2, 2005 10:49 am
David WheelerFeb 2, 2005 10:57 am
Tim BunceFeb 3, 2005 7:44 am
David WheelerFeb 3, 2005 8:40 am
Tim BunceFeb 3, 2005 3:30 pm
David WheelerFeb 3, 2005 3:48 pm
Tim BunceFeb 4, 2005 2:07 am
David WheelerFeb 4, 2005 10:38 am
Sheikin SergeiFeb 4, 2005 11:31 am
Michael A ChaseFeb 4, 2005 12:22 pm
David WheelerFeb 11, 2005 11:18 am
Tim BunceFeb 12, 2005 10:11 am
David WheelerFeb 12, 2005 4:35 pm
Tim BunceFeb 13, 2005 2:44 pm
David WheelerFeb 13, 2005 5:54 pm
Tim BunceFeb 14, 2005 3:09 am
David WheelerFeb 15, 2005 10:37 am
Tim BunceFeb 15, 2005 2:21 pm
David WheelerFeb 15, 2005 9:01 pm
Subject:Handle Creation with new_child()
From:David Wheeler (dav@kineticode.com)
Date:Feb 12, 2005 4:35:18 pm
List:org.perl.dbi-dev

On Feb 12, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:

That's starting to get might complex, isn't it?

Uh, "mite". :-)

Or "mighty", perhaps.

Quite.

So, I'm looking at your new_child() stuff, instead. I'm not entirely clear on how to implement it (DBI->connect() seems pretty complex--necessary?), but it seems to be the best approach to getting what I want (no resetting of attributes in connect_cached()). Is it as simple as:

sub new_child { my $handle = shift; my $child = bless {}, 'SomePackage'; # Set attributes.... return $child; }

? And the modifying connect() and friends to use it, perhaps instead of the $connect_closure?

Regards,

David