|Staggs, David (SAIC)||Mar 18, 2010 8:31 pm|
|Subject:||[xspa] March 19, 2010, 1:00pm ET Proposed Agenda for the XSPA Conference Call|
|From:||Staggs, David (SAIC) (Davi...@va.gov)|
|Date:||Mar 18, 2010 8:31:41 pm|
Proposed Agenda XSPA Conference Call Friday, March 19, 2010, 1:00pm ET Dial in info: +1 800 767 1750 Access code 97728 [i.e. XSPA T(C)]
1. Roll Call & Agenda Review
2. Approval of the Minutes of February 5 2010: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/email/archives/201002/ msg00012.html
3. RSA'10 demonstration: Committee members demonstrated the XACML, SAML, and WS-Trust XSPA profiles at RSA 2010: http://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis-rsa-2010-pr.pdf
The demonstration was a great success and received a lot of attention. There was a lot of traffic at the booth and we were able to refine the WS-Trust profile and focus the normative sections on the WS-Trust specific elements.
4. Cross-Enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) Profile of WS-Trust for Healthcare General discussion on the XSPA Profile for WS-Trust. Please review the document before the meeting. http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=36944
We will try to move the new version to the official committee draft (requires full majority vote), replacing the 2009 version. http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#committeeDraft
Note: "Full Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than half) of the Voting Members vote "yes", regardless of the number of Voting Members present in the meeting. Abstentions are not counted. For example, in a TC in which there are 20 Voting Members, at least 11 Voting Members must vote "yes" for a motion to pass. Please be sure to attend.
5. Next steps for WS-Trust Discussion on the next steps for the WS-Trust profile: decide on the timing to move the committee draft to Public Review draft (The first public review of a specification must take place for a minimum of 60 days, and any subsequent reviews must be held for a minimum of 15 days).
If we review the draft thoroughly before the meeting, we should feel confident on voting to move the CD to public review barring any objections on content.
6. ITU James Bryce Clark, OASIS General Counsel, OASIS announced the intention to submit the XSPA profiles of SAML and XACML to the International Telecommunications Union, Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T), Study Group 17 on Security. Abbie Barbir has told us can substitute the international version of the XSPA profiles; this will get us into the nine-month waiting period.
OASIS member review started on 4 March 2010, and ends 3 April 2010. This is an open invitation to members to comment on the submission.
7. General discussion
8. No active action items.
Please submit any additional suggestions to the March 19 agenda to the list.
David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC) Veterans Health Administration Chief Health Informatics Office Standards and Interoperability Office: 858 433 1473