atom feed2 messages in net.nether.puck.hp-nsp[hp-nsp] IGMP-snooping support in 265...
FromSent OnAttachments
F JMar 23, 2006 1:52 pm
Jose A. DominguezMar 23, 2006 5:23 pm
Subject:[hp-nsp] IGMP-snooping support in 2650 switch?
From:Jose A. Dominguez (ja@network-services.uoregon.edu)
Date:Mar 23, 2006 5:23:14 pm
List:net.nether.puck.hp-nsp

On 03/23/2006 22:52 +01, "F J" wrote:

Hi, I've been using the IGMP-snooping feature in our Extreme Summit switches for a long time...

Now I've bought a HP ProCurve 2650 and I wonder if it is capable of performing the same thing?

When I "ingest" a multicast stream in a particular VLAN the traffic is flooded to all ports that belongs to that VLAN (just like the Extreme would react if I hadn't enabled IGMP-snooping). I would like the HP switch to forward the multicast stream ONLY on ports where there are hosts really subscribing to the multicast group.

Is that possible to configure in the 2650? How do I do it?

Yes, it is. You can do something like the example below:

vlan 10 name "BLAH!" untagged A1-A24,B1-B24,C1-C6,D1-D5,E1-E6,F1-F4 ip address A.B.C.D E.F.G.H ip igmp exit

Jos?.