atom feed9 messages in com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-apiRe: I just want to know little more
FromSent OnAttachments
TusharApr 23, 2009 1:19 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 23, 2009 3:47 am
sebastian de comocomoApr 23, 2009 7:36 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 23, 2009 7:40 am
sebastian de comocomoApr 24, 2009 4:28 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 24, 2009 4:30 am
sebastian de comocomoApr 24, 2009 5:37 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 24, 2009 5:39 am
sebastian de comocomoApr 24, 2009 5:56 am
Subject:Re: I just want to know little more
From:sebastian de comocomo (seba@comocomo.com)
Date:Apr 23, 2009 7:36:10 am
List:com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-api

Hi Jeremy,

I have the same problem,

I search for "cafe", and if in google it has the accent "café"

I save it to mysql, as UTF8unicode-ci and also tried UTF8_bin,

And it get's saved as:

Café

Any ideas of what I'm going wrong?

Thanks Sebastian

On 23/04/09 12:47, "Jeremy Geerdes" <jrge@gmail.com> wrote:

Without seeing exactly what you've got, it's tough to tell for sure, but I would guess that the problem you're having is the result of having a database that's not using UTF-8 as its character set. The Language API runs in only UTF-8, but MySQL, for example, defaults to ISO-8859.

Also, please be advised that the API's TOU prohibit you from storing translations for more than 15 days. So it would probably be smarter to save the original text to your database, along with the destination language, and then translate it whenever you use it.

Jeremy R. Geerdes Effective website design & development Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote: http://jgeerdes.home.mchsi.com http://jgeerdes.blogspot.com http://jgeerdes.wordpress.com jgee@mchsi.com

Unless otherwise noted, any price quotes contained within this communication are given in US dollars.

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

And check out my blog, Adventures in Web Development, at http://jgeerdes.blogspot.com !