atom feed6 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-maildropRe: [maildropl] Maildrop and Filesyst...
FromSent OnAttachments
Nathan FrankishNov 29, 2007 2:01 am
Tony EarnshawNov 29, 2007 3:43 am
Nathan FrankishNov 29, 2007 3:56 am
Jay LeeNov 29, 2007 5:18 am
Nathan FrankishNov 29, 2007 1:30 pm
Jay LeeNov 29, 2007 8:04 pm
Subject:Re: [maildropl] Maildrop and Filesystem quotas..
From:Tony Earnshaw (ton@hetnet.nl)
Date:Nov 29, 2007 3:43:54 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-maildrop

Nathan Frankish skrev, on 29-11-2007 11:01:

During my testing of maildrop with file system quotas, i noticed that when the virtualuser was out of space (due to hitting a file system quota) that the error message returned was quite ambiguous

Nov 29 09:44:23 leela postfix/pipe[3585]: 3FFF78ADD6: to=<us@domain.com>, relay=maildrop, delay=26, delays=23/1/0/1.5, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: maildrop: error writing to mailbox. /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to deliver to mailbox. )

Im wondering if that error is displayed instead of a simple quota reached issue or something due to not being able to make a dotlock file or something simular, but i really have no clue.. Any suggestions on how to make it return a decent error that wouldnt be confusing if the email eventually bounced?

What does maildirsize (file) in the user's Maildir say about the quota when that happens? It sounds like maildrop isn't getting the quota anywhere.

I use maildrop with LDAP and have my quotas there - maildrop gives a bounce back to Postfix (permission denied. Command output: maildrop: maildir over quota.). Postfix (bounce) then sends a bounce notice back to the sender. Besides which, that method is far more flexible: quotas can more easily be changed than by using file system quotas - we have frequently to increase quotas on our rigs.

Best,

--Tonni