atom feed22 messages in org.xwiki.usersRe: [xwiki-users] Office import error
FromSent OnAttachments
Simon GletFeb 8, 2010 1:30 pm
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 8, 2010 6:20 pm
Simon GletFeb 9, 2010 5:46 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 9, 2010 9:15 am
Simon GletFeb 9, 2010 10:08 am
Guillaume LerougeFeb 9, 2010 11:36 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 9, 2010 12:21 pm
Simon GletFeb 9, 2010 12:50 pm
Guillaume LerougeFeb 9, 2010 1:43 pm
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 9, 2010 8:13 pm
Florin CiubotaruFeb 10, 2010 12:42 am
Jeremie BOUSQUETFeb 10, 2010 1:56 am
Simon GletFeb 10, 2010 8:24 am
Simon GletFeb 10, 2010 8:30 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 10, 2010 8:34 am
Vincent MassolFeb 10, 2010 8:36 am
Simon GletFeb 10, 2010 8:40 am
Simon GletFeb 12, 2010 6:36 am
Guillaume LerougeFeb 12, 2010 6:56 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 12, 2010 8:07 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 12, 2010 8:10 am
Simon GletFeb 12, 2010 8:48 am
Subject:Re: [xwiki-users] Office import error
From:Guillaume Lerouge (guil@xwiki.com)
Date:Feb 9, 2010 1:43:00 pm
List:org.xwiki.users

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Simon Glet <simo@gmail.com> wrote:

+ XWiki SAS <http://www.xwiki.com> offers support and hosting packages to meet all your XWiki needs. This will also benefit the XWiki opensource project :)

- Asiri

Asiri : With such a statement, one might think that it is difficult to setup in order to need commercial support :-)

Indeed :-) We actually never voluntarily made XWiki complicated to use, which is a nice testimonial to our Open-Source commitment while at the same time an acknowledgement of our current QA & usability flaws.

Guillaume :

As much as I agree that user feedback is crucial to a project's quality, 2.1.1 is a production release not a rc or beta so such problems should not occur. As we are looking for an immediate usage, I can't see myself going to management with such visible features not working. Nevertheless, in the next few days I will document the encountered problems on your bug tracking system.

I see. Indeed, given your short deployment timeframe recommending XWiki would be a bit risky. When do you plan to put your new collaboration solution in production? Anyway, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I'm looking forward to your additions to JIRA.

I'd be interested in knowing which piece of software you'll be using instead of XWiki and which feature made you choose it instead of XWiki (besides the issues listed above obviously).

Guillaume

Best Regards