atom feed13 messages in org.apache.incubator.celix-devRe: Poddling status
FromSent OnAttachments
Alexander BroekhuisJan 10, 2012 10:30 pm
Marcel OffermansJan 10, 2012 10:55 pm
Pepijn NoltesJan 11, 2012 12:04 am
MartimJan 11, 2012 4:32 am
Sascha ZelzerJan 11, 2012 4:41 am
Sascha ZelzerJan 11, 2012 5:38 am
Alexander BroekhuisJan 12, 2012 2:15 am
Pepijn NoltesJan 13, 2012 2:24 am
Marcel OffermansJan 13, 2012 10:13 am
Marcel OffermansJan 13, 2012 10:23 am
Sascha ZelzerJan 17, 2012 12:56 pm
Pepijn NoltesJan 18, 2012 12:53 am
Alexander BroekhuisJan 23, 2012 1:09 am
Subject:Re: Poddling status
From:Alexander Broekhuis (a.br@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 23, 2012 1:09:24 am
List:org.apache.incubator.celix-dev

Hi,

You got my attention already :-) I don't know if that is feasible, but having something like a one-day brainstorming meeting in real life would definitely get things rolling much faster. The main developers of the listed C++ OSGi projects are all living in Germany and the Netherlands are not so far away. If people are interested, maybe there is an opportunity to

meet...

Good idea. I also think it would be wise not to wait to long with this, so maybe its possible to arrange something the first half year of 2012 ?

I agree, lets try to plan something for this. Any ideas on location/date? We should probably start by contacting maintainers of the other frameworks.

Maybe a step to far, but isn't a idea - instead of just adding a C++ wrapper - to develop Celix as a SOA framework where C and C++ services/bundles can be transparently combined? In other words services - written in C or C++ - should always expose a C and C++ interface. This way Celix could be an interesting framework for projects which want combine C and C++ without resolving to extern "C" constructs.

I don't think this idea is a step to far, being able to mix c and c++ services/bundles (ie one common service type/description) would be a big plus!