atom feed4 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.saxon-help[saxon] Building Saxon?
FromSent OnAttachments
Norman WalshMay 8, 2008 4:55 am
Michael KayMay 9, 2008 1:42 am
Norman WalshMay 9, 2008 11:57 am
Michael KayMay 9, 2008 3:42 pm
Subject:[saxon] Building Saxon?
From:Norman Walsh (nd@nwalsh.com)
Date:May 8, 2008 4:55:06 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.saxon-help

Michael,

Can you point me to some instructions for how to build the Java version of Saxon? I don't see any on Saxonica.com and my own attempts haven't gone very well. Clearly something has to be done about the .net stuff, but what?

I was trying to build it in order to walk through some code in the debugger. I thought this worked, but now I'm getting:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at net.sf.saxon.tinytree.TinyTree.addNode(TinyTree.java:322) at net.sf.saxon.tinytree.TinyTree.addDocumentNode(TinyTree.java:295) at net.sf.saxon.tinytree.TinyBuilder.startDocument(TinyBuilder.java:139) at net.sf.saxon.event.ProxyReceiver.startDocument(ProxyReceiver.java:98) at net.sf.saxon.event.TreeReceiver.startDocument(TreeReceiver.java:99) at org.xproc.util.S9apiUtils.writeXdmValue(S9apiUtils.java:43) at org.xproc.io.ReadableInline.<init>(ReadableInline.java:63)

The relevant code is:

Receiver out = destination.getReceiver(proc.getUnderlyingConfiguration()); out = new NamespaceReducer(out); TreeReceiver tree = new TreeReceiver(out); tree.open(); tree.startDocument(0); for (XdmValue value : values) { for (XdmItem item : (Iterable<XdmItem>) value) { tree.append((Item) item.getUnderlyingValue(), 0, NodeInfo.ALL_NAMESPACES); } } tree.endDocument(); tree.close();

where "tree.startDocument(0)" is on line 43. It looks like "config" isn't getting initialized.

Rather than asking for help, I thought I'd try to poke around a bit and see if I could figure out what was wrong. Of course, since I couldn't build Saxon and so I had to write this message anyway... :-)

Be seeing you, norm