atom feed11 messages in org.python.python-dev[Python-Dev] Talking Turkey
FromSent OnAttachments
Tim PetersNov 26, 2002 7:04 am
Martin v. LoewisNov 26, 2002 2:15 pm
Tim PetersNov 26, 2002 3:09 pm
AahzNov 26, 2002 3:50 pm
Delaney, TimothyNov 26, 2002 3:56 pm
Greg EwingNov 26, 2002 4:01 pm
Greg EwingNov 26, 2002 4:06 pm
Tim PetersNov 26, 2002 4:22 pm
Delaney, TimothyNov 26, 2002 4:47 pm
Skip MontanaroNov 26, 2002 5:20 pm
Frank "Bird Buzz" LomaxNov 26, 2002 8:59 pm
Subject:[Python-Dev] Talking Turkey
From:Frank "Bird Buzz" Lomax (lom@pumpichank.com)
Date:Nov 26, 2002 8:59:25 pm
List:org.python.python-dev

Yeah, if you enjoy consuming massive quantities of turkey,

> stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and lying about on the > sofa like a beached whale watching American football. Did I > forget to mention several days of turkey sandwiches afterwards? > ;-)

I quiver with anticipation of this holiday all year, even though I know it's a Franklin Commission conspiracy to elevate the Disrespected Fowl to its rightful place in the pecking order of nationally important birds. Ben was right about the gorgeous turkey, dripping in its own goo, abnormally well-endowed but easily tricked into a gape-mouthed, rain-stare suicide. Unfortunately, Ben was still reeling from his kite "experiment" when he lost the slapfight to Tommy J. so we get the eagle. But Ben has had the last laugh, hasn't he?

My one word of advice is to bring a small glass jar and an air-tight lid with you to your in-laws. Use a sliced paper straw to collect the tryptophan tears you will shed, belly taut, as you lament your favorite team's annual embarrassing loss in front of a similarly dazed and drooling national audience. Those tears, mixed with top eighth inch of coagulated sheen from the marshallow saturated yams, should be slow baked in Ron Popeil's greatest invention, the ST5000 Rotisserie and BBQ for 12 hours. This concentrated elixer will then provide haunting dreams of flightless squawking for months after the thrill of mayo, breast (turkey) and dough have subsided, and your body has become ever more craving of the "turkey trip". Two drops under your tongue, a cranberry up each nostril, and it's seven hours of non-stop slow motion gobbling. Purer joy cannot be known.

pardon-me-ly y'rs, -frank