I have Courier-IMAP 2.0 installed under RedHat 9 on a Dell server.
I compiled it with LDAP authentication and the workarounds for imap
client bugs. It works fine until I try to make my Mozilla 1.4 IMAP
Try compiling without the workarounds. Mozilla 1.4 should not need
That, of course, was the first thing I tried. That had the problem I
described, so I tried enabling the workarounds, but to no avail. I
appreciate your input, but I was hoping there was somebody out there
who is actually using Courier-IMAP ver 2.0 with the Mozilla mail
client and has figured out how to make it work properly. If there is
anyone who could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.
Mozilla works for me, and I didn't need to do anything special.
My advanced IMAP server settings dialog has "Server supports folders
that contain subfolders and messages" checked, "INBOX." and "shared." as
folder namespaces, and "allow server to override these namespaces." I
don't remember if I had to set these manually. The only thing I had to
manually reset is to bump down the maximum number of server connections
to 4. It's possible that your random problems are due to Mozilla's
default concurrency setting of 5, which exceeds Courier-IMAP's default
limit of 4 connections accepted from the same IP address concurrently,
which may result in random problems.
I'd love to get to the bottom of this. I was hoping it was just a
Mozilla bug and would eventually go away with a new release, but it
hasn't. Here's a document with screenshots that describes the problem: