atom feed2 messages in org.oasis-open.lists.regrepRe: FW: [regrep] Proposal for PDF Pro...
FromSent OnAttachments
Reagan MooreOct 3, 2013 11:32 am
Farrukh NajmiOct 3, 2013 12:22 pm
Subject:Re: FW: [regrep] Proposal for PDF Profile
From:Farrukh Najmi (farr@wellfleetsoftware.com)
Date:Oct 3, 2013 12:22:08 pm
List:org.oasis-open.lists.regrep

Good point. How do you envision such a crosswalk to be used?

One possibility is to map indexes from various extension profiles of regrep to standard metadata indexes whenever possible. For example map PDF title index to dc.title instead of pdf.title.

Another possibility is to simply define equivalence crosswalk to relevant standards where possible and require that profiles treat the equivalent indexes synonymously. So if dc.title is used as index to search PDF documents it should match any entries that have pdf.title as cataloged slot.

Does this seems to be a more global issue than one specific to PDF prpfile?