atom feed8 messages in[jr3] Repository microkernel
FromSent OnAttachments
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 7:47 am
Stefan GuggisbergFeb 18, 2010 2:50 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 4:13 am
Marcel ReuteggerFeb 19, 2010 1:07 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 19, 2010 2:11 am
Marcel ReuteggerFeb 19, 2010 7:02 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 19, 2010 7:24 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 19, 2010 7:45 am
Subject:[jr3] Repository microkernel
From:Jukka Zitting (
Date:Feb 17, 2010 7:47:43 am

Assuming we have a unified persistence layer (see the other thread), it should be possible to implement a relatively simple repository "microkernel" that implements just enough functionality for higher level components like search, versioning, node types, observation, etc. to be implemented on top of it.

Such a microkernel would support two main goals:

* modularity: It would be easy to use things like OSGi to replace or plug in different higher level components.

* portability: It would be possible to port the microkernel to other environments like PHP, Ruby or a plain old Apache module in C

Achieving this would probably require fairly extensive changes to our current architecture.

Do you think this would be worth the effort, and (if yes) how should we approach this task?