atom feed4 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-devRe: Release plan update
FromSent OnAttachments
Ewan MellorAug 16, 2012 7:40 pm
Brett PorterAug 16, 2012 8:26 pm
Ewan MellorAug 16, 2012 8:31 pm
Brett PorterAug 16, 2012 9:26 pm
Subject:Re: Release plan update
From:Brett Porter (bre@apache.org)
Date:Aug 16, 2012 8:26:20 pm
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

On 17/08/2012, at 12:40 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan@eu.citrix.com> wrote:

Stability and bugfix work: Now - Friday 31 August. First release candidate build: Friday 31 August.

This is just my $A0.02 as someone that cares a lot about release automation...
take it for what it is worth, since I'm not doing the work :)

Given release candidates are not distributed, official releases, would you
consider an earlier one that may have some known issues, but is ready enough to
test that your release mechanism works?

Having something concrete that says "this is what our release will look like,
once the following things are complete" that can start to be reviewed from an
incubator release point of view could parallelise something that often takes a
bit of time going back and forth.

Cheers, Brett