atom feed4 messages in org.apache.lenya.userRe: advanced new user questions
FromSent OnAttachments
Marc D. MurrayApr 24, 2005 5:08 pm
Marc D. MurrayApr 25, 2005 12:01 pm
Michael WechnerApr 26, 2005 12:12 am
qMaxApr 27, 2005 6:19 am
Subject:Re: advanced new user questions
From:Marc D. Murray (mar@phronein.com)
Date:Apr 25, 2005 12:01:12 pm
List:org.apache.lenya.user

It seems I've found the answers to some of my questions. Just replying so that I'm not the only one with the answers

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 19:08 -0500, Marc D. Murray wrote:

Hey guys, great work on this beast* called Lenya.

I've got a couple of questions regarding the operation of Lenya on a debian sarge box.

1. I want to know, how does lenya recognise that something (like an XSLT file) has changed in order to recreate the cached html file created in the work/cache/live directory.

Still don't know how it checks for recaching, I just know that I delete the stuff in the work/cache folder to make it regenerate them

2. When I create a new document, lenya creates a folder for it along with an index_en.xml and a record in sitetree.xml. Apart from the record in sitetree.xml and the presence of the folder/index_en.xml, where else is there a record of the existence of a document? I'm trying to speed up the development of my application by manually editing sitetree.xml and copying an existing folder ( /tutorial ??) that contains a index_en.xml, rename the folder and bam.... i should have a new doc in Lenya. But this doesn't work. I see it appear in the Navigation, but editing it throws an error.

Make sure that the user that runs tomcar has permissions to write to the folders you created.

3. this is more of a general apache/tomcat/jakarta/cocoon/lenya/linux/java question... What runs as which user? Who should own the files? what should the file/directory permissions be?

still trying to figure this one out.

* beast meant in a nice way

Thanks for your answers.

Marc DM