|Subject:||[docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 January 2012|
|From:||Bob Stayton (bo...@sagehill.net)|
|Date:||Jan 18, 2012 4:01:27 pm|
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 January 2012 =============================================================
The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 18 January 2012 at 01:00pm ET.
1. Roll call
Present: Paul Grosso, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh
Regrets: Dick Hamilton
Absent: Jirka Kosek
2. Accepted the minutes  of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 15 February 2012
Changed to 22 February 2012.
4. Review of the agenda.
Scott announced that the Publishers Subcommittee will meet 25 January.
5. Review of open action items
a. Bob to add contributed Publisher's stylesheets to the XSL distribution. CONTINUE
b. Norm to post Simplfied DocBook 5.0 to docbook.org. COMPLETED
c. Gerson to propose content models for result element(s) (RFE 3163121). COMPLETED
d. Norm will clarify the resolution of RFE 3107140 aconym expansion inline
e. Norm to incorporate Larry's help assembly doc  into The Definive Guide. COMPLETED
f. Norm to publish Simplified, Website, and Slides schemas based on DocBook 5. COMPLETED
g. Norm to clarify in TDG that DocBook common attributes on structure are normally copied to the output root element. COMPLETED
h. Norm to resolve ambiguity problems with XSD and publish XSD 5.0 and 5.1b again. COMPLETED 5.0, but not 5.1
i. Bob to write up an assembly schema modeling the info elements with suggested names for discussion next month. COMPLETED
j. Norm to add new media support to DocBook 6.0 beta. COMPLETED
6. DocBook assembly
Reviewed Bob's assembly info proposal. 
Members liked the change from element name "override" to "merge" for content to be merged into the output.
For metadata about assembly elements, the committee did not like the suggestion of individual info elements per assembly element. Discussed whether to use "info" or "assemblyinfo" as the element name for metadata about assembly elements. We agreed that this feature would not be heavily used. A straw poll showed lack of consensus, but only soft support for assemblyinfo.
The proposal to use info and merge element names was approved.
ACTION: Norm to implement these changes in 5.1
ACTION: Bob to update his assembly stylesheets.
7. Extended XLink support
Continued from last meeting. Norm did not get any feedback on his proposal.
ACTION: Larry to review Norm's proposal.
8. Transclusion in DocBook
Any progress at W3C? The W3C is moving, but slowly. We will continue to monitor their progress.
9. Review of Requests for Enhancement
To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
RFEs to revisit for 6.0 1907003 biblioid content model too broad
RFEs under discussion 2820947 Ability to transclude text 3035565 Allow sections at any level 3107140 aconym expansion inline 3156768 <result> tag
Not everyone received Gershon's proposal for result element, so we will discuss it at the next meeting.
3439101 MusicXML in DocBook: incorrect use of docbook
ACTION: Larry to respond about using elements from other namespaces.
 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201112/msg00002.html  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201108/msg00018.html  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201201/msg00005.html
Bob Stayton Sagehill Enterprises bo...@sagehill.net