atom feed7 messages in ru.sysoev.nginxRe: [?? Probable Spam] Re: about "co...
FromSent OnAttachments
焦胜强Dec 24, 2007 10:14 pm
Changliang ChenDec 25, 2007 12:37 am
Igor SysoevDec 25, 2007 2:25 am
arlene chenDec 26, 2007 7:36 am
Igor SysoevDec 26, 2007 8:51 am
arlene chenDec 26, 2007 7:14 pm
Igor SysoevDec 26, 2007 11:14 pm
Subject:Re: [?? Probable Spam] Re: about "connection_pool_size" and "request_pool_size"
From:Igor Sysoev (is-G@public.gmane.org)
Date:Dec 26, 2007 11:14:31 pm
List:ru.sysoev.nginx

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 11:14:26AM +0800, arlene chen wrote:

Igor Sysoev ??????:

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 11:36:47PM +0800, arlene chen wrote:

who know the exact mean of "connection_pool_size" and "request_pool_size",I try to find it in nginx document but it it not listed in module reference ,and I can not search it in nginx wiki too. Finally I search it from nginx's source code, only two xx.c used these parameter , but I can not find out the exact mean of these two parameters, so I need to know how these two parameters are defined and the most thing is they are used for what?

The pools are used to allocate memory per connection and request. The pools are used for small allocations. If a block is bigger than pool size or bigger than page size, then it is allocted outside the pool. If there is not enough memory for small allocation inside pool, then a new block of the same pool size is allocated.

the default setting of connection_pool_size is 256 byte ,and the default setting of request_pool_size is 4k, can I think that the connection_pool_size is just used to maintain the socket connection and and the request_pool_size is just used to cache the http request header, the output_buffer is used to http response, so the connection_pool_size and request_pool_size have not effect on the performance of nginx or the effect is very small?

Yes, the effect is very small.

The output_buffers are used to read response from file if it is needed to be processed by SSI, charset converting, or gzipping. Otherwise, if sendfile is used, the output_buffers are not used.