atom feed3 messages in org.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-dev[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Driver for V...
FromSent OnAttachments
Warren LaytonDec 15, 2008 11:40 am.gz, .gz
Jason EtheridgeDec 15, 2008 3:03 pm
Karen SchneiderDec 15, 2008 4:17 pm
Subject:[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Driver for VuFind
From:Warren Layton (warr@gmail.com)
Date:Dec 15, 2008 11:40:58 am
List:org.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-dev
Attachments:
vufind_eg.diff.gz - 4k
vufind_sys_user.diff.gz - 1k

(I just sent the following message to the vufind-tech list, but thought I'd also post it here.)

At NRCan, we're looking at the possibility of using VuFind with Evergreen. Towards that end, I have taken a first stab at an Evergreen driver.

It is not yet complete - getMyFines, getMyHolds, and placeHold are the major functions that are still need to be implemented (another patch adding these will be submitted ASAP). However, most of the other functions that apply to Evergreen work (holdings/status info is displayed when viewing a record, users can view the items they have checked out, and their personal data from the ILS).

I'm also including a patch for web/sys/User.php which adds an ILS login function, which I have been using to login to VuFind using my Evergreen login/password. This new function can be used by setting "[Authentication][method]" in web/conf/config.ini to "ILS". Currently, it's very specific to Evergreen and may need to be generalized if it is going to be used with other ILSs.

These patches are against the SVN repository but have also been tested with 1.0-RC1.

Let me know if there's anything that should be changed or fixed.