atom feed17 messages in org.jdom.jdom-interestRE: [jdom-interest] Java 5 planning
FromSent OnAttachments
Jason HunterMar 4, 2008 1:38 pm
Victor ToniMar 4, 2008 2:54 pm
RolfMar 4, 2008 5:58 pm
Mattias JiderhamnMar 4, 2008 11:38 pm
Mattias JiderhamnMar 4, 2008 11:49 pm
Michael KayMar 5, 2008 1:35 am
Joe BowbeerMar 5, 2008 5:05 am
Victor ToniMar 5, 2008 5:24 am
Michael KayMar 5, 2008 7:15 am
Mattias JiderhamnMar 6, 2008 12:03 am
Jason HunterMar 8, 2008 12:43 am
Michael KayMar 8, 2008 1:57 am
Jason HunterMar 8, 2008 2:48 am
Michael KayMar 8, 2008 9:49 am
Timothy MarcMar 8, 2008 12:25 pm
Mattias JiderhamnMar 12, 2008 2:02 am
Tatu SalorantaMar 12, 2008 9:41 am
Subject:RE: [jdom-interest] Java 5 planning
From:Michael Kay (mi@saxonica.com)
Date:Mar 8, 2008 9:49:32 am
List:org.jdom.jdom-interest

Yes, this is the potential problem if we alter the public API, which seems to be the "value" as well as the "curse" of a Java 5 jump. It's why I ponder an org.jdom2 package if we do that, so the piles of existing code keep working and new code can be written against the new package. That's not ideal, but it's practical. What do you think, Michael?

Well, that has a downside too: I will have to fork the net.sf.saxon.jdom package to create a net.sf.saxon.jdom2 package, and maintain and test both. That's an extra 1000 or so tests to run each time I make a release. But it's probably the lesser evil.