atom feed1 message in org.jdom.jdom-interest[jdom-interest] NPE in Element.setAtt...
FromSent OnAttachments
Karianne BergMar 23, 2008 9:05 am
Subject:[jdom-interest] NPE in Element.setAttribute(...) - possible bug
From:Karianne Berg (kei@start.no)
Date:Mar 23, 2008 9:05:23 am
List:org.jdom.jdom-interest

Hello list,

I'm using JDOM for my project, and I think I have found a bug in the Element.setAttribute(.) method. If Element.setAttribute(String, String, Namespace) is called with a namespace that is null, a NullPointerException is thrown. Here is the relevant part of the stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jdom.AttributeList.indexOf(AttributeList.java:378)

at org.jdom.AttributeList.get(AttributeList.java:366)

at org.jdom.Element.getAttribute(Element.java:983)

at org.jdom.Element.setAttribute(Element.java:1157)

Elements, however, have the behavior that if you pass in a null Namespace to the constructor, the namespace is set to Namespace.NO_NAMESPACE. I think it is logical that the behavior should be the same in attributes. If the list agrees that this is in fact a bug, I would be happy to provide a patch for this - it seems to be quite trivial to fix.

Best regards,