It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has voted to release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0.
hadoop-2.4.0 is the second release for the year 2014, and brings a number of enhancements to the core platform, both HDFS & YARN:
• Support for Access Control Lists in HDFS
• Support for Rolling Upgrades of HDFS
• Switch to protocol-buffers for HDFS FSImage for smooth operational upgrades
• Complete HTTPS support in HDFS
• Support for Automatic Failover of the YARN ResourceManager
• Enhanced support for new applications on YARN with Application History Server and Application Timeline Server
• Support for strong SLAs in YARN CapacityScheduler via Preemption
Of course, a number of bug-fixes, enhancements etc. have also made it into hadoop-2.4.0; there-by continuing to improve Apache Hadoop. Please see the release notes for more details.
Thanks to all those who contributed to the release!
NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. Thank You.