|Subject:||RE: [xliff] Groups - XLIFF TC Meeting modified|
|Date:||Nov 18, 2008 1:47:45 pm|
Thanks for the good work by the TC at this meeting. Thanks to Tony for taking
the chair. Thanks to Doug for the nice notes.
-----Original Message----- From: ddom...@ektron.com [mailto:ddom...@ektron.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:43 AM To: xli...@lists.oasis-open.org Subject: [xliff] Groups - XLIFF TC Meeting modified
XLIFF TC Meeting has been modified by Mr. Doug Domeny*
Date: Tuesday, 18 November 2008 Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm ET
Event Description: 1/ Call one of the FreeConferenceCall phone numbers: US: (712) 432-1600 US: (605) 772-3100 Austria: 0820 4000 1552 Belgium: 070 35 9974 France: 0826 100 256 Germany: 01805 00 76 09 Ireland: 0818 270 021 Italy: 848 390 156 Netherlands: 0870 001 920 Spain: 902 886025 Switzerland: 0848 560 179 UK: 0870 35 204 74
2/ Enter the Participant Access Code: 737043#
1/ Roll call
2/ Approve previous meeting minutes:
Accept, reject, or amend.
3/ Recap ideas from the Face to Face brainstorming session
A. It was widely agreed that a formal promotional effort would benefit XLIFF.
What is the best way (subcommittee, added item to the regular agenda, separate
implementation TC, along the lines of the DITA Implementation TC)? B. Make XLIFF 2.0 modular. That way tools could certify to support XLIFF
modules (like Full XLIFF Trans-unit support)
** Category 1 Issues: XLIFF 1.2.1 (quick Turn) **
Note - All issues should be identified, and ready to be put into the 1.2.1 Spec
and Schema. It would be useful now to verify or identify action items to make it
so. (report from Rodolfo and Doug)
4/ XLIFF 1.2.1 Issues are tracked on the WIKI
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF1.2/Errata) (Errata page begun by Asgeir) A. Link updated XLIFF 1.2.1 schemas to this page, and perhaps TC page i The items to be changed in the new specifications will be discussed in the
wiki first. All changes to the wiki should indicate the name of the comment author. B. Start an XLIFF 1.2.1 Committee Specification and link it to this page i Start a draft specification document for 1.2.1 and the corresponding
schemas. ii Rodolfo will create the initial draft, based in current XLIFF 1.2
specification, and iii Doug will edit and update the schemas to reflect the new changes iv Doug and Rodolfo will be listed as editors in the new specification
document. C. Proposal to add scope (criteria and due dates) to this page i 1st CS of 1.2.1; ii Public review during December, iii Ready to go standard vote by March.
5/ Semantics on Attributes on Structural Elements (Christian) (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200808/msg00006.html)
6/ Doug proposed discussing the issues raised by Stefan Uhrig (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200808/msg00001.html) A. Section 2.5.2 B. Section 2.5.1 C. Section 3.2.1 D. Section 3.2.2 E. schema is too lax in Stefan's opinion
7/ TC charter may need a review and update
A. Mary outlined the criteria for updating the charter: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200806/msg00004.html
** Category 2 Issues: General, not tied to 1.2.1 or 2.0 **
8/ Preparing for a vote on Eric's representation guide (ICU Resource Bundle) (http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icuhtml/trunk/design/locale/xliff-profile-icuresourcebundle-1.2.htm) A. Rodolfo to test XLIFF code samples B. Rodolfo and Eric to adapt the guide to the current templates
9. Asgeir advised a commenter regarding empty test strings in required
attributes (more of a general XML issue, than an XLIFF issue
10/ Add Rodolfo's concern about Content of element to 1.2.1, or 2.0? (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200808/msg00011.html)
11/ ITS decorated documents and XLIFF (Bryan) (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200808/msg00001.html)
12/ Rodolfo to invite Translations.com to join the XLIFF TC. He will contact
Mary McRae and ask her to invite the company
** Category 3 issues: XLIFF 2.0 **
13/ Asgeirs tracking details page
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200804/msg00001.html), (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/Ideas) will serve as documentation
for each of the items being tracked on the goals page
14/ Topics for XLIFF 2.0 (Rodolfo) (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200807/msg00003.html)
15/ XLIFF 2.0 proposal: Allow [note] to reference [mrk] (Magnus, Bryan, Doug) (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200808/msg00004.html)
16/ XLIFF 2.0 Goals (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0Goals)
A. Reports from Requirements owners on status of requirement
B. Continue to classify remaining Potential Goals (Must Have, Should Have, Nice
to Have) C. XLIFF 2.0 Requirements Document draft D. Begin to write the actual "XLIFF Version 2.0 Working Draft" (covered under
item 13/ )
** Non categorized **
17/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups: A. W3C i18n B. Oscar C. LRC D. OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee E. OAXAL
18/ New Business +++++++++++++++++++++++
Minutes: Minutes for XLIFF TC 2008-11-18:
Chair: Tony J.
Previous minutes accepted without dissent. Motion by Magnus and seconded by
3/A Decided by consent to promote XLIFF ad hoc, not subcommittee. Not enough TC
members to divide into a sub-cmte. [ ] Peter to write up proposal on how to promote XLIFF among content handlers to
3/B [ ] Christian and Magnus to create proposal on modular subsets and report
back on progress by end-of-year.
Tony introduced Johann Roturier from Symantec.
4/ Doug has given Rodolfo (absent) the updated schema for XLIFF 1.2.1.
5/ [ ] Christian to follow up on thread
6/ Stefan's comments are essentially addressed by 1.2.1.
7/ [ ] Tony to draft charter update for next meeting.
8/ Rodolfo not present to comment on Eric's rep. guide.
9/ This item is considered addressed and closed.
10/ SUB text can be an empty string. Closed this item.
11/ This item is for tracking purposes. ITS in Bryan's Round Trip Tool.
12/ No more information at this time.
13/ Asgeir's ideas for 2.0. Ideas and suggested recommendations are still open.
We need to categorize the new ideas.
14/ Rodolfo's (absent) ideas for 2.0.
15/ Magnus stated this item has been moved to the wiki. [ Magnus, I could not
find it in the wiki -Doug ]
16/ XLIFF 2.0 goals tabled until next meeting due to time constraint.
Motion to adjurn: Magnus, seconded by Tony
Next meeting in two weeks, 2008-12-02
Submitted, Doug Domeny
View event details: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=20091
PLEASE NOTE: If the above link does not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php