atom feed51 messages in com.selenic.mercurial-develRe: Bookmarks in core?
FromSent OnAttachments
Matt MackallNov 29, 2010 11:07 am
Augie FacklerNov 29, 2010 11:43 am
Steve BorhoNov 29, 2010 12:03 pm
David Soria ParraNov 29, 2010 2:28 pm
Greg WardNov 29, 2010 2:29 pm
timelessNov 29, 2010 2:49 pm
Matt MackallNov 29, 2010 2:51 pm
David Soria ParraNov 29, 2010 2:53 pm
Brodie RaoNov 29, 2010 3:06 pm
David Soria ParraNov 29, 2010 3:15 pm
Matt MackallNov 29, 2010 3:24 pm
Brodie RaoNov 29, 2010 3:29 pm
David Soria ParraNov 29, 2010 3:32 pm
Steve BorhoNov 29, 2010 3:33 pm
Matt MackallNov 29, 2010 3:41 pm
David Soria ParraNov 29, 2010 3:45 pm
Adrian BuehlmannNov 29, 2010 3:54 pm
Matt MackallNov 29, 2010 4:03 pm
Augie FacklerNov 29, 2010 4:18 pm
Jason HarrisNov 30, 2010 1:14 am
Alexander SolovyovNov 30, 2010 5:01 am
Alexander SolovyovNov 30, 2010 5:02 am
Brodie RaoNov 30, 2010 2:29 pm
Didly BomNov 30, 2010 3:10 pm
Augie FacklerNov 30, 2010 3:47 pm
Martin GeislerDec 1, 2010 12:13 am
Didly BomDec 1, 2010 1:19 am
Isaac JuradoDec 1, 2010 2:04 am
Martin GeislerDec 1, 2010 2:15 am
Didly BomDec 1, 2010 2:42 am
Matt MackallDec 1, 2010 11:03 am
Matt MackallDec 1, 2010 11:17 am
Martin GeislerDec 1, 2010 2:45 pm
Matt MackallDec 1, 2010 3:43 pm
David Soria ParraDec 1, 2010 7:14 pm
David Soria ParraDec 1, 2010 7:15 pm
Didly BomDec 6, 2010 3:43 am
Adrian BuehlmannDec 6, 2010 4:32 am
Jason HarrisDec 6, 2010 5:43 am
Augie FacklerDec 6, 2010 5:46 am
Matt MackallDec 6, 2010 8:37 am
Kevin BullockDec 6, 2010 9:20 am
Matt MackallDec 6, 2010 9:25 am
Kevin BullockDec 6, 2010 9:50 am
Martin GeislerDec 8, 2010 1:03 am
Martin GeislerDec 8, 2010 2:02 am
Kevin BullockDec 8, 2010 9:16 am
Dan Villiom Podlaski ChristiansenDec 8, 2010 10:40 am
Matt MackallDec 8, 2010 11:22 am
Isaac JuradoDec 8, 2010 11:45 am
Alexander SolovyovDec 8, 2010 2:50 pm
Subject:Re: Bookmarks in core?
From:Brodie Rao (bro@bitheap.org)
Date:Nov 29, 2010 3:06:50 pm
List:com.selenic.mercurial-devel

On Nov 30, 2010, at 6:07 AM, Matt Mackall wrote:

Discuss.

Some thoughts:

- If we integrate them in core, I'd like to see integration with the branch command. E.g., hg branch --bookmark. I think that would make it easier for people to discover bookmarks and know that they're related to branches. On the other hand, I guess they don't necessarily have to be used like branches, so that might not be the best idea.

- They're kind of annoying to use over the network. I don't like having to use the -B flag to manually specify what bookmarks I want to push. I've also noticed an issue with push -B where it forgets HTTP credentials from the normal push process, so sometimes you'll be asked to log in twice.

- I think the track.current option is confusing. Why not enable it by default?

- This might be a secondary topic, but I think it'd be great to have remote-tracking bookmarks. I.e., each entry in hg paths gets a bookmark, and pulling from a repo moves that bookmark forward. I think it'd be great to have this on by default; it would make it easier to deal with (or put off) merges involving large numbers of changesets, since you could easily identify what head each repo is at.