|Lindsay Haisley||Aug 30, 2004 9:15 am|
|Sam Varshavchik||Aug 30, 2004 4:59 pm|
|Lindsay Haisley||Aug 31, 2004 12:40 pm|
|Ben Kennedy||Aug 31, 2004 1:06 pm|
|Lindsay Haisley||Aug 31, 2004 1:15 pm|
|Keith Willis||Aug 31, 2004 2:07 pm|
|Sam Varshavchik||Aug 31, 2004 3:38 pm|
|Lindsay Haisley||Aug 31, 2004 6:27 pm|
|Sam Varshavchik||Sep 1, 2004 4:10 am|
|Lindsay Haisley||Sep 1, 2004 9:25 am|
|Sam Varshavchik||Sep 1, 2004 3:49 pm|
|Subject:||Re: [courier-users] Re: MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE again|
|From:||Ben Kennedy (be...@zygoat.ca)|
|Date:||Aug 31, 2004 1:06:44 pm|
On 31 8 2004 at 1:21 pm -0400, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
These are OK. If I comment out MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE and let authmysql build its own query, then everything is hunky-dory, the query works, and shows up in the mysql log, so it's not connectivity.
There is something broken with authmysql as far as I can tell, though I'm not sure what it is. Q.v. my postings of about a month ago, relating to similar problems, on which I never received feedback:
On 21 7 2004 at 6:06 pm -0400, Ben Kennedy wrote:
I'm still stumped with my authmysql problem. Following some methodical tests, here are my observations (authdaemonrc is configured for "authpam authmysql"):
With MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE commented out and instead using the preceding MYSQL_*_FIELD (etc.) paramaters, everything works as expected (attempts to non-existent local users get a "550 User unknown").
However with MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE in force, deliveries to mysql users and deliveries to existing passwd users work as expected... BUT, mail to non- existent users at the local domain result in "450 Service temporarily unavailable".
Why is this? What is the problem here? What should I be looking at? What condition is causing the 450?
On 14 7 2004 at 3:57 pm -0400, Ben Kennedy wrote:
On 09 7 2004 at 4:02 pm -0400, Ben Kennedy wrote:
My conclusion is that something is broken with custom queries. I realise the comments say "(EXPERIMENTAL)", but the text goes on to suggest that they at least KIND OF work. What is the real deal here? Are they known to NOT work at all?
Due to the overwhelming lack of response, perhaps I'll ask a different question: Is anybody out there using the custom queries?
Further experimentation reveals that the MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE does seem to be working as advertised. However, MYSQL_ENUMERATE_CLAUSE does not appear to do anything at all; specifying simply suppresses authenumerate from making any query whatsoever.
I am not so concerned about authenumerate working (since I'm not doing shared folders or anything), but I am having another more important problem, which is that invalid recipients at the local domain (listed in locals or me) always result in "450 service unavailable". I can't bloody well figure out why.
If I disable authmysql and use only authpam, I get "550 user unknown" as expected. Soon as authmysql is in place, bogus local recipients are not properly rejected. (Valid local recipients ARE handled correctly, as are hosteddomains, which seem to be correctly looked up using my custom MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE.)
Good luck with this.
-- Ben Kennedy, chief magician zygoat creative technical services 613-228-3392 | 1-866-466-4628 http://www.zygoat.ca