atom feed17 messages in com.netlojix.lists.jukebox-list[Jukebox-list] Wurlitzer 1015 bubble ...
FromSent OnAttachments
david wendellNov 13, 2007 2:00 pm
Ed BaptistaNov 13, 2007 2:34 pm
Jens HultgrenNov 13, 2007 5:00 pm
Ray FinchNov 17, 2007 10:59 pm
Jens HultgrenNov 17, 2007 11:18 pm
Chris K. TannerNov 18, 2007 2:55 am
david wendellNov 18, 2007 3:04 am
Ron RichNov 18, 2007 8:31 am
Joey McDonaldNov 18, 2007 8:40 am
will...@sbcglobal.netNov 18, 2007 8:43 am
will...@sbcglobal.netNov 18, 2007 8:48 am
John RobertsonNov 18, 2007 12:13 pm
Jens HultgrenNov 18, 2007 2:46 pm
Ron RichNov 18, 2007 3:03 pm
William HillNov 19, 2007 9:04 pm
Jay HenniganNov 20, 2007 12:55 am
dirk...@bellsouth.netNov 20, 2007 4:58 pm
Subject:[Jukebox-list] Wurlitzer 1015 bubble tubes
From:Chris K. Tanner (chr@cktsedi.freeserve.co.uk)
Date:Nov 18, 2007 2:55:58 am
List:com.netlojix.lists.jukebox-list

Interesting. I have always wondered what the liquid was. This also explains why there was no mess inside my 1015 when I noticed that one of the tubes was not working. On inspection I found the glass tube to be empty expecting a mess of liquid at the bottom of the cabinet. There was nothing left but a mystery as to where it had gone. I read an article in an old Victory Glass publication which told the story of the early 1015 bubble tubes exploding. This was deemed as dangerous so until the problem was solved at the factory the bubble tubes were replaced by a twisted piece of transparent plastic. The idea being that light would shine through and create some sort of effect. Fortunately for Wurlitzer the problems were solved and the bubble tubes were re-introduced. I purchased a 1015 some time ago for restoration. When I asked the seller if the bubble tubes were in working order, the reply was "what bubble tubes"? When the jukebox arrived these barley twist plastics were fitted instead of the bubble tubes. Chris T.

UK.