atom feed13 messages in org.apache.logging.generalMirroring Log4J 2 on GitHub
FromSent OnAttachments
Andrus AdamchikMar 18, 2013 5:09 am
Christian GrobmeierMar 18, 2013 6:06 am
Ivan HabunekMar 18, 2013 6:17 am
Ralph GoersMar 18, 2013 9:26 am
Ralph GoersMar 18, 2013 9:29 am
Gary GregoryMar 18, 2013 9:44 am
Ivan HabunekMar 18, 2013 9:58 am
Ralph GoersMar 18, 2013 10:27 am
Ivan HabunekMar 18, 2013 10:34 am
Ivan HabunekMar 18, 2013 10:44 am
Gary GregoryMar 18, 2013 11:07 am
Ivan HabunekMar 18, 2013 11:11 am
Christian GrobmeierMar 18, 2013 12:33 pm
Subject:Mirroring Log4J 2 on GitHub
From:Andrus Adamchik (aada@apache.org)
Date:Mar 18, 2013 5:09:09 am
List:org.apache.logging.general

Hey guys,

There's a Log4J mirror on GitHub at https://github.com/apache/log4j . Would it
be possible to also mirror Log4J2?

We've recently switched to Log4J2 on one of the big projects that I am doing.
Now we need to patch a few things for our work in a way that is likely not going
to be accepted back to Log4J. Specifically we want to short-circuit
Log4jLogEvent.getSource to return a fixed String. We are using AsynchAppender
and 'Log4jLogEvent.getSource' is a noticeable performance bottleneck for us, and
we currently don't see a better way around it (ok, to be completely honest, we
just don't have the cycles to refactor Log4J2 properly). So the idea was to keep
a GitHub fork and merge periodically with the master copy.

Any thoughts/comments on exposing "2" on GitHub.

As an Apache member I can probably ping infra myself. But wanted to talk to the
'logging' community first.

Thanks, Andrus