atom feed3 messages in org.openmoko.lists.openmoko-develBitbake error: C compiler cannot crea...
FromSent OnAttachments
Jonathon SuggsJan 28, 2007 7:45 am
GregJan 28, 2007 8:12 am
Koen KooiJan 28, 2007 10:16 am
Subject:Bitbake error: C compiler cannot create executables
From:Greg (lun@optusnet.com.au)
Date:Jan 28, 2007 8:12:22 am
List:org.openmoko.lists.openmoko-devel

On Sunday 28 January 2007 17:45, Jonathon Suggs wrote:

I am getting the following error when I try to build packages (tried several, same result).

I can give more details, but I've googled this quite a bit and can't seem to track down the underlying problem. FYI, I can compile programs with gcc, so that isn't the issue. I'm guessing the configure script must be looking in the wrong place for my compiler.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi Jonathon,

I am using a fairly recently installed kubuntu distro. As such, I found that many basic packages weren't installed when I first tried OE, but I was able to figure out what packages were missing by looking at the detailed error information. In your case, it is probably in the config.log file. If you can't see anything, send it over and I'll see if I can make sense of it.

FYI: Some of my issues were missing/incorrectly configured cpp, missing headers, and wrong gcc version (I've been playing with a few different targets). Fortunately for me, ubuntu comes with easy package managements tools so it was a quick process to find and install the right stuff.

Have fun,