atom feed21 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-ukRe: [ubuntu-uk] IDE -> SATA
FromSent OnAttachments
normanDec 6, 2007 4:02 am
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 4:48 am
normanDec 6, 2007 4:56 am
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 5:11 am
normanDec 6, 2007 5:58 am
MacDec 6, 2007 8:20 am
Pete SteanDec 6, 2007 8:30 am
normanDec 6, 2007 8:32 am
MacDec 6, 2007 9:25 am
Michael HollowayDec 6, 2007 9:31 am
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 9:36 am
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 9:38 am
normanDec 6, 2007 10:23 am
normanDec 6, 2007 10:27 am
normanDec 6, 2007 10:46 am
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 10:56 am
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 11:36 am
normanDec 6, 2007 1:06 pm
Rob BeardDec 6, 2007 2:07 pm
normanDec 7, 2007 3:51 am
normanDec 7, 2007 11:55 am
Subject:Re: [ubuntu-uk] IDE -> SATA
From:Pete Stean (pete@googlemail.com)
Date:Dec 6, 2007 8:30:43 am
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-uk

You're right about the connecting sequence - all things being equal "SATA1" (very probably printed next to the connector on the motherboard, but you might need a magnifying glass and a torch) will be master, however in the BIOS of my motherboard in addition to being able to change the sequence of devices to select for boot, once you have selected 'HDD' you can *also* change the sequence of the connected HDD drives, so on my machine the master could be anything from SATA1 to SATA6...

Pete

RIP Billy M 1957-1997