atom feed12 messages in org.w3.ietf-http-wgRe: NEW ISSUE: http URLvs Request-URI...
FromSent OnAttachments
Mark BakerJan 21, 2007 5:35 pm
Henrik NordstromJan 21, 2007 11:21 pm
Mark BakerJan 22, 2007 10:53 am
Julian ReschkeJan 23, 2007 3:44 am
Henrik NordstromJan 23, 2007 4:43 pm
Julian ReschkeJan 23, 2007 4:48 pm
Roy T. FieldingJan 23, 2007 5:49 pm
Henrik NordstromJan 23, 2007 6:47 pm
Julian ReschkeJan 24, 2007 1:04 am
Roy T. FieldingJan 24, 2007 1:42 pm
Julian ReschkeJan 24, 2007 1:53 pm
Mark NottinghamApr 24, 2007 12:28 am
Subject:Re: NEW ISSUE: http URLvs Request-URI, was: 3.2.2 issue
From:Julian Reschke (juli@gmx.de)
Date:Jan 24, 2007 1:04:08 am
List:org.w3.ietf-http-wg

Henrik Nordstrom schrieb:

tis 2007-01-23 klockan 17:50 -0800 skrev Roy T. Fielding:

I would replace it with two sentences that explain how the URI is used in HTTP messages, first for proxies and then for origin servers. It really isn't necessary to talk about semantics, identifying, or even the resource in this context.

That is discussed in detail in 5.1.2. Perhaps even a bit too detail..

Regards Henrik

Which reminds me that 5.1.2 starts saying...:

"The Request-URI is a Uniform Resource Identifier (Section 3.2) and identifies the resource upon which to apply the request."

It's not really a URI. We need to clean this up either in context of this issue, or when doing the RFC2396->3986 transition.

Best regards, Julian