atom feed17 messages in org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-seamonkeySeaMonkey bug triage - thanks and pos...
FromSent OnAttachments
Robert KaiserMay 14, 2008 8:17 am
Robert KaiserMay 14, 2008 8:34 am
Serge GautherieMay 14, 2008 9:52 am
Serge GautherieMay 14, 2008 10:09 am
Robert KaiserJun 2, 2008 7:36 am
Wayne MeryJun 4, 2008 4:36 am
EdwardJun 15, 2008 6:34 pm
Robert KaiserJun 24, 2008 10:13 am
Serge GautherieJun 25, 2008 5:19 am
Robert KaiserJun 25, 2008 5:45 am
Robert KaiserJun 25, 2008 5:54 am
Serge GautherieJun 26, 2008 5:58 am
Serge GautherieJun 26, 2008 6:03 am
Serge GautherieJun 26, 2008 10:46 am
Serge GautherieJun 26, 2008 11:05 am
Serge GautherieJun 28, 2008 8:20 am
Robert KaiserJul 3, 2008 4:47 pm
Subject:SeaMonkey bug triage - thanks and possible new targets
From:Robert Kaiser (kai@kairo.at)
Date:May 14, 2008 8:17:36 am
List:org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-seamonkey

Hi,

I just took a look on the status of unconfirmed bug triage and wondered:

Look at the list of unconfirmed non-enhancement bugs that had no comment in 180 days - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Mozilla+Application+Suite&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&chfieldto=Now&negate0=1&field0-0-0=longdesc&type0-0-0=changedafter&value0-0-0=-180d

It is down to 15 (fifteen!) bugs! Wow! Thanks to everyone who helped out there!

The open bug chart tells a nice graphical story of what has been achieved: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/reports.cgi?product=Mozilla+Application+Suite&datasets=NEW:&datasets=ASSIGNED:&datasets=REOPENED:&datasets=UNCONFIRMED:

Suddenly, the number of total unconfirmed bugs matches the number of assigned bugs!

This means that we need to look what other bugs need triage though. I can think of multiple interesting targets for that:

Remaining UNCONFIRMED (559 bugs found): This includes a lot of enhancement requests. Treat them like we did old non-enh UNCO previously, but triage only those where you can decide if this is a valid request. If you can confirm that this is a valid bug or something that should be implemented in core SeaMonkey code, please change it to NEW. If it looks like a real bug and not an enhancement, please also change severity to something else than enhancement. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Mozilla+Application+Suite&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED

NEW non-enh bugs without comments for 180 days (3281 bugs found): Similar to UNCO, we should check if they are still valid and triage them accordingly. Be careful with bugs filed in the period where we already had the new SeaMonkey project running (since March 2005) by people that are in the core developer group. Those bugs may just be blocked by some other work. Only triage those if you are sure. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Mozilla+Application+Suite&bug_status=NEW&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&chfieldto=Now&negate0=1&field0-0-0=longdesc&type0-0-0=changedafter&value0-0-0=-180d

ASSIGNED bugs without comments for a year (488 bugs found): Unless they are obviously blocked by something else that we are working on, we should probably ask if the assignee is really working on this, or check if the bug is still valid for current SeaMonkey if it's really old (esp. if it dates back to pre-SeaMonkey times). This also includes enhancement requests. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Mozilla+Application+Suite&bug_status=ASSIGNED&chfieldto=Now&negate0=1&field0-0-0=longdesc&type0-0-0=changedafter&value0-0-0=-365d (488 bugs found)

Whioch of those queries do you think would be most valuable to start attacking? For triagers, which one do you feel most comfortable working on?

Thanks for your input and help,