atom feed22 messages in org.xwiki.usersRe: [xwiki-users] Office import error
FromSent OnAttachments
Simon GletFeb 8, 2010 1:30 pm
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 8, 2010 6:20 pm
Simon GletFeb 9, 2010 5:46 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 9, 2010 9:15 am
Simon GletFeb 9, 2010 10:08 am
Guillaume LerougeFeb 9, 2010 11:36 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 9, 2010 12:21 pm
Simon GletFeb 9, 2010 12:50 pm
Guillaume LerougeFeb 9, 2010 1:43 pm
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 9, 2010 8:13 pm
Florin CiubotaruFeb 10, 2010 12:42 am
Jeremie BOUSQUETFeb 10, 2010 1:56 am
Simon GletFeb 10, 2010 8:24 am
Simon GletFeb 10, 2010 8:30 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 10, 2010 8:34 am
Vincent MassolFeb 10, 2010 8:36 am
Simon GletFeb 10, 2010 8:40 am
Simon GletFeb 12, 2010 6:36 am
Guillaume LerougeFeb 12, 2010 6:56 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 12, 2010 8:07 am
Asiri RathnayakeFeb 12, 2010 8:10 am
Simon GletFeb 12, 2010 8:48 am
Subject:Re: [xwiki-users] Office import error
From:Asiri Rathnayake (asir@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 9, 2010 12:21:03 pm
List:org.xwiki.users

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Guillaume Lerouge <guil@xwiki.com>wrote:

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Simon Glet <simo@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Asiri,

I am a little confused by the quality of XWiki 2.1.1. At this point I find that there are many features that don't work properly or at all :

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure that if you're ready to spend a bit more time on this we can help you overcome the issues you're facing and help make XWiki a better product as a result. Open-Source software such as XWiki improves thanks to the feedback of its users and you can help us make more useful to the community.

- Office plugin (the office 2007 ribbon has a very buggy behavior)

Would you be ok to describe the problems you're experiencing in more detail and post screenshots and / or steps to reproduce on http://jira.xwiki.org/? I'm sure that Florin, the lead developer on XOffice, would be happy to help you make things work.

- Document import (There is no documentation about version compatibility between the different elements)

I have to agree that documentation isn't one of XWiki's strongest assets. However I've been using the document import feature on several XE 2.1.1 instances where it works just fine thus I'm pretty sure you can make it work too. Asiri suggested several steps to debug, have you tried following them?

- Usage with SQL Server 2005 is impossible. Works fine with PostgreSQL though.

Is SQL Server 2005 a hard requirement? Which errors do you meet? Would you agree to report those errors on http://jira.xwiki.org/ ? Do you need XWiki to work with a product released 5 years ago that much? What's not enough it works fine with PostgreSQL?

I can't continue testing such a product. To bad, it looked very good.

It is and your feedback could help us make it that much better. I'd be very happy if you were to agree to reconsider your current stance and give a little of your time to the community in order to help us make XWiki fit your needs.

+ XWiki SAS <http://www.xwiki.com> offers support and hosting packages to meet all your XWiki needs. This will also benefit the XWiki opensource project :)

- Asiri