atom feed5 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] courier-imap stop...
FromSent OnAttachments
Alexander BrunsJun 5, 2012 9:43 am
Alexander BrunsJun 5, 2012 10:14 am
Sam VarshavchikJun 5, 2012 4:22 pm
Alexander BrunsJun 7, 2012 1:50 pm
Alexander BrunsJul 27, 2012 10:01 pm
Subject:Re: [courier-users] courier-imap stopped workin for one single user only over night
From:Alexander Bruns (mail@alexander-bruns.de)
Date:Jul 27, 2012 10:01:13 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hi @all.

On my gentoo-box I finally solved the problem by deinstalling gamin and re-installing fam.

Here is a solution I got per Mail from another User using Debian:

-------- 8< Schnipp 8< --------- Hello!

I saw your thread here: http://www.mail-archive.com/courier-users@@

I'm not on that list but I had the *exact* problem that you did. I solved the problem and I was wondering if you could follow up on your own thread with the solution.

I'm using a system as described here[1].

My symptoms were exactly as you described - overnight a single user could not login. All of the log outputs were exactly as you wrote. The user's name was chad.

I looked for gam_server and found several. I killed the one owned by the user "chad" and then login worked.

That's it!

I remember that this happened to me several months ago and like you, I was really irritated that a reboot was necessary to fix the problem. I was *especially* irritated that I wasted an entire morning trying to fix the problem. I had to do that because "chad" is ME and I needed my email and the box is colocated and reboots are not always successful!

Please post this to your thread. Tell the world!

[1] System: debian testing courier-authdaemon:0.63.0-6+b1 courier-imap:4.10.0-20120615-1 courier-imap-ssl:4.10.0-20120615-1 (these are all debian packages, of course, but they at least give an idea of which courier I'm using) -------- 8< Schnapp 8< ---------

Greetings

Alexander

Hi Sam,

thx for the answer.

I gave gamin installed on my gentoo-box. But I did not got kicked out after ofer half an hour of waiting.

I killed all possible Processes, and restarted authdaemon and courier-imap several times.

Finally, I rebootet the hole system and that solved the problem.

So it is solved, but why does a reboot solved it, stupid. I changed noting lese on the system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Live Security Virtual Conference Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/