atom feed9 messages in net.java.dev.jaxb.usersUse of anyAttribute in a schema
FromSent OnAttachments
Michael C. BrutonJul 21, 2005 11:19 am
Joe FialliJul 21, 2005 1:19 pm
Dmitri ColebatchJul 21, 2005 4:27 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 21, 2005 10:53 pm
Dmitri ColebatchJul 22, 2005 6:20 pm
Dmitri ColebatchJul 24, 2005 4:55 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 25, 2005 10:40 am
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 25, 2005 4:06 pm
Dmitri ColebatchJul 25, 2005 4:41 pm
Subject:Use of anyAttribute in a schema
From:Michael C. Bruton (mcbr@yahoo.com)
Date:Jul 21, 2005 11:19:17 am
List:net.java.dev.jaxb.users

Hi all,

This is the first time I've posted a question.

I have been tasked with programming some of the SOAP communications part of a web service project. Our company is required to use a web service to talk with one of our biggest customers.

I want to use JAXB to generate just the SOAP part of the message. Once I have that document created as a file, I already have the code to send it.

The problem is in using SOAP's encoding schema, which is imported to the custom schema for this service. The schema is located at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/, which uses the "anyAttribute" element, which is legal in the W3C XML Primer Part 0 at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#NS.

JAXB compiles, even with the -extension switch, always give the following warning:

parsing a schema... [WARNING] warning: <anyAttribute> ignored line 67 of soapencoding.xsd

(soapencoding.xsd is my local copy of the SOAP encoding schema.)

I could sure use some help getting anyAttribute to be accepted by JAXB. Or is this impossible?

Thanks - Mike Bruton