atom feed9 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-ukRe: [ubuntu-uk] Problems with the lat...
FromSent OnAttachments
MacDec 9, 2007 11:17 am
Paul TansomDec 9, 2007 2:26 pm
alan cDec 13, 2007 11:46 am
MacDec 14, 2007 12:23 am
Alan PopeDec 14, 2007 1:51 am
MacDec 14, 2007 3:27 am
Tom BamfordDec 14, 2007 5:56 am
Tony ArnoldDec 14, 2007 5:57 am
MacDec 14, 2007 6:25 am
Subject:Re: [ubuntu-uk] Problems with the latest Seagates?
From:Alan Pope (al@popey.com)
Date:Dec 14, 2007 1:51:56 am
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-uk

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 08:23:50AM +0000, Mac wrote:

alan c wrote: <snip>

The power saving system is the problem and although it can be disabled, (using something like sdparm --clear STANDBY -6 /dev/sd[Your device] ) I believe seagate do not accept it as covered by warranty. It is not simply a matter of fomatting the (NTFS) drive. I certainly will not be putting any money seagate (or maxtor) way until further notice!

Got any thoughts about what to use instead?

Western Digital?

Cheers, Al.