atom feed44 messages in org.slf4j.dev[slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
FromSent OnAttachments
Pete MuirAug 17, 2009 10:05 am
Ralph GoersAug 17, 2009 2:40 pm
Pete MuirAug 18, 2009 6:37 am
Ralph GoersAug 18, 2009 7:10 am
近藤 健Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 8:31 am
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 9:15 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:17 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:20 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:29 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:42 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:51 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:21 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:31 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:40 pm
近藤 健Aug 20, 2009 8:22 am
Ralph GoersAug 20, 2009 8:35 am
Takeshi KondoAug 20, 2009 10:07 am
ralp...@dslextreme.comAug 20, 2009 10:20 am
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 2:05 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 21, 2009 10:28 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 22, 2009 10:32 pm.jar, .jar
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 8:21 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 8:40 am
Ceki GulcuAug 23, 2009 10:38 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 6:14 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 10:02 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 10:22 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 11:05 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 11:27 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 12:36 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 1:15 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 1:24 pm
Ralph GoersAug 24, 2009 1:33 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 25, 2009 1:32 am
Subject:[slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
From:近藤 健 (take@gmail.com)
Date:Aug 20, 2009 8:22:21 am
List:org.slf4j.dev

My idea is using enum as log message definition. enum value is log message id and log message is annotation value associated with enum.

-------------- sample code

-------------- public interface Logger {

public enum LogMessages { @Message("wrong password") // log message is annotation value. WRONG_PASSWORD // enum value is log id. }

public static class Test {

public void test() { Logger logger = new Logger() {

public void warn(Enum<?> message) { // No-op, this is a mock }

}; logger.warn(LogMessages.WRONG_PASSWORD); } }

public void warn(Enum<?> logid); }

---

I think there is advantage using enum definition discussed below.

enum has information of package and definition class and field. Using this feature , I've designed 3 feature.

1. log message definition using enum For example sample code, it can define enum with log message. so developer don't need to write property file. property file must ensure consistency to log id by hand. enum and annotation do by compiler.

2. default property file Because enum has class definition, log api is referable declared class of enum. Log api can load propery file from using declared class name. for example if enum class name is "example.LogMessages", default propery file is "example/LogMessages.properties".

3. package EnumMap must create per enum class. so if log id is enum, they aren't duplication.