atom feed1 message in org.apache.hc.httpclient-usersRE: HTTPS via the Upgrade header
FromSent OnAttachments
ossf...@dubioso.netFeb 11, 2008 10:57 pm
Subject:RE: HTTPS via the Upgrade header
From:ossf...@dubioso.net (ossf@dubioso.net)
Date:Feb 11, 2008 10:57:59 pm
List:org.apache.hc.httpclient-users

Hello Stephen,

_My question is about HTTPS. If my understanding of the IPP "Encoding _and Transport" document (RFC2910) is correct, IPP uses HTTPS via TLS _by sending the Upgrade header (section 8.1.2 Transport Layer _Security). Looking at the SSL Guide, it seems like HttpClient supports _this: "HttpClient provides full support for HTTP over Secure Sockets _Layer (SSL) or IETF Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols...".

AFAIK, we're not supporting upgrade of a plain HTTP connection to HTTPS. We only support dedicated https: connections so far. HttpClient 4.0 should be flexible enough to add support for protocol upgrades.

hope that helps, Roland