atom feed14 messages in com.perforce.perforce-user[p4] Can't add filenames with wildcar...
FromSent OnAttachments
Roy SmithDec 10, 2007 10:52 am
Gabor MagheraDec 10, 2007 11:19 am
Roy SmithDec 10, 2007 11:22 am
Stephen VanceDec 10, 2007 11:23 am
Gabor MagheraDec 10, 2007 11:27 am
Gabor MagheraDec 10, 2007 11:29 am
Jeff CampeauDec 10, 2007 11:29 am
Ivey, WilliamDec 10, 2007 11:32 am
Roy SmithDec 10, 2007 11:59 am
Ivey, WilliamDec 10, 2007 1:20 pm
Shawn HladkyDec 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Mark EvansDec 10, 2007 1:37 pm
Jeff CampeauDec 10, 2007 1:47 pm
Ken WilliamsDec 11, 2007 7:35 am
Subject:[p4] Can't add filenames with wildcards [@#%*] in them.
From:Ivey, William (will@bmc.com)
Date:Dec 10, 2007 1:20:30 pm
List:com.perforce.perforce-user

I just looked at your message again. Are you literally issuing the command: "p4 add ..." (I initially assumed the ... was a real ellipsis and not the Perforce wildcard.)

If so, then this line from the docs applies: "For instance, the ... wildcard cannot be used with p4 add." (You can't do a recursive add directly, you have to use the technique(s) here: http://kb.perforce.com/UserTasks/AddingADirectoryTree )

Not sure why it isn't included in the error message as one of the forbidden wildcards, though. -Wm

-----Original Message----- From: perf@perforce.com [mailto:perforce-user-bounces at perforce.com] On Behalf Of Roy Smith Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 12:53 PM To: Perforce User Subject: [p4] Can't add filenames with wildcards [@#%*] in them.

I'm trying add a new source tree to my depot by doing "p4 add ...", but get the message:

Can't add filenames with wildcards [@#%*] in them.

As far as I can tell, I don't have any filenames with those characters in them. Is there any way to have p4 tell me exactly which pathnames it's not happy with?