|Subject:||Re: [odf-adoption] Draft Minutes: ODF Adoption TC - February 7, 2012|
|From:||Svante Schubert (svan...@gmail.com)|
|Date:||Mar 20, 2012 5:40:08 am|
On 19.03.2012 20:39, dona...@us.ibm.com wrote:
Open Document Format Adoption TC meeting minutes February 7, 2012 ===============================================
- Roll call *Company Name Role* Novell Alan Clark Voting Member Individual Andreas Guelzow Voting Member IBM Donald Harbison Chair Individual Svante Schubert Member Ars Aperta Charles Schulz Voting Member Individual Louis Suarez-Potts Voting Member
- Determination of quorum status Quorum was achieved.
- Acceptance of today's agenda Agenda was accepted.
1) Followup for ODF Brasil -- Charles to contact Jomar Silva to re-purpose the ODF Brasil twitter account. Charles volunteered to connect with Brazilian ODF advocates and work this issue.
2) Discussion to reduce or eliminate redundant content of ODF on public web sites: opendocument.xml.org; opendocumentformat.org. ODF Fellowship. ODF Alliance site ....how to consolidate the web site property
Don to work with ODF Alliance and OpenDocs Society. Others welcome to contribute.
3)Wikipedia ODF entries-- update the wiki and oversight; add technical content to the wikipedia site. We agreed to continue to do this. Andre has been working on this.
4) Rob adding a new goal; some of our TC members have split responsibilities.. set a goal to recruit new members to the TC. Can we get some new volunteers from LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice?
5) Document Freedom Day - March 28th --- Svante to interlock with the DFD team to provide basic presentation content for re-use, translation. We also highlighted Sunshine Week here in the US.
What were the details, what do we have to offer? What do we want to know?
I gave them a quick call, anyway at the number at - http://documentfreedom.org/contact.de.html Talked to Alessandro Polvani, he suggested that we describe our Adoption TC, our activities (what we have to offer) and sent it to cont...@documentfreedom.org, as they are an international organization, so it is on the radar for everyone. I suggest we discuss the details today on our call and perhaps Don as our TC chair and English native speaker summaries our outcome in a nice mail to them.
6) Events planning a) LinuxTag in Berlin, May 23 - 26 --- Juergen Schmidt and Thorsten Behrens have submitted papers. For the protocol, I have submitted a paper myself. b) GUADEC and Akademy, the desktop Linux conferences scheduled for July c) OSCON - July 16 - 20, Portland, Oregon, USA d) ApacheCon -- still uncertain there will be a 2012 conference.
Donald Harbison Program Director IBM Open Document Format Initiative Software Group