atom feed33 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev[Discuss] API name alias
FromSent OnAttachments
Kishan KavalaApr 8, 2013 6:03 am
John BurwellApr 8, 2013 6:10 am
Rohit YadavApr 8, 2013 6:22 am
John BurwellApr 8, 2013 6:39 am
Rohit YadavApr 8, 2013 11:18 am
Chiradeep VittalApr 8, 2013 2:48 pm
Min ChenApr 8, 2013 4:45 pm
Sangeetha HariharanApr 8, 2013 6:34 pm
Rajesh BattalaApr 8, 2013 7:33 pm
Koushik DasApr 8, 2013 9:28 pm
Rohit YadavApr 8, 2013 9:51 pm
Chiradeep VittalApr 8, 2013 11:32 pm
Chiradeep VittalApr 8, 2013 11:34 pm
Prasanna SanthanamApr 9, 2013 1:58 am
Kishan KavalaApr 9, 2013 1:59 am
Rohit YadavApr 9, 2013 2:18 am
Min ChenApr 9, 2013 9:18 am
Min ChenApr 9, 2013 9:27 am
Chiradeep VittalApr 9, 2013 10:14 am
Min ChenApr 9, 2013 10:32 am
Chiradeep VittalApr 9, 2013 11:04 am
Nitin MehtaApr 9, 2013 11:06 am
Rohit YadavApr 9, 2013 11:22 am
Edison SuApr 9, 2013 2:00 pm
Sangeetha HariharanApr 9, 2013 2:48 pm
Min ChenApr 9, 2013 2:53 pm
Prasanna SanthanamApr 10, 2013 12:11 am
Nitin MehtaApr 15, 2013 11:19 pm
Sanjeev NeelarapuApr 16, 2013 11:41 pm
Sanjeev NeelarapuApr 22, 2013 4:53 am
Min ChenApr 22, 2013 10:05 am
Min ChenApr 22, 2013 10:14 am
Edison SuApr 22, 2013 10:52 am
Subject:[Discuss] API name alias
From:Kishan Kavala (Kish@citrix.com)
Date:Apr 8, 2013 6:03:08 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

APICommand annotation in API Cmd object has a name parameter. Currently name
parameter takes only one value. I plan to enhance this to support comma
separated values. This will allow multiple API names for the same API Cmd
object.

Current: @APICommand(name = "apiName1", ..

Proposed: @APICommand(name = "apiName1, apiAlias2, apiAlias3", ..

Requirement: As part of CLOUDSTACK-763, I'll be introducing NetworkACLList (grouping of
NetworkACLItems). Current APIs use *NetworkACL (create
NetworkACL/deleteNetworkACL etc..) for NetworkACLItem related APIs. These APIs
have to be changed to *NetworkACL Item(create
NetworkACLItem/deleteNetworkACLItem etc..) to get the terminology right. We also
need to support old API names for backward compatibility. Hence the need for API
name alias.

Terminology: NetworkACLItem - Individual ACL Entry (was NetworlACL earlier). NetworkACL - Group of Network ACL Items. API will use the term NetworkACLList to
differentiate from the existing NetworkACL APIs.