atom feed44 messages in org.slf4j.devRe: [slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
FromSent OnAttachments
Pete MuirAug 17, 2009 10:05 am
Ralph GoersAug 17, 2009 2:40 pm
Pete MuirAug 18, 2009 6:37 am
Ralph GoersAug 18, 2009 7:10 am
近藤 健Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 8:31 am
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 9:15 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:17 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:20 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:29 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 11:42 am
Pete MuirAug 19, 2009 11:51 am
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:21 pm
Ralph GoersAug 19, 2009 2:31 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 19, 2009 2:40 pm
近藤 健Aug 20, 2009 8:22 am
Ralph GoersAug 20, 2009 8:35 am
Takeshi KondoAug 20, 2009 10:07 am
ralp...@dslextreme.comAug 20, 2009 10:20 am
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 1:58 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 20, 2009 2:05 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 21, 2009 10:28 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 22, 2009 10:32 pm.jar, .jar
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 8:21 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 8:40 am
Ceki GulcuAug 23, 2009 10:38 am
Takeshi KondoAug 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Ralph GoersAug 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 6:14 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 10:02 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 10:22 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 11:05 am
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 11:27 am
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 12:36 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 1:15 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 24, 2009 1:24 pm
Ralph GoersAug 24, 2009 1:33 pm
Takeshi KondoAug 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Ceki GulcuAug 25, 2009 1:32 am
Subject:Re: [slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln
From:Takeshi Kondo (take@gmail.com)
Date:Aug 21, 2009 10:28:18 pm
List:org.slf4j.dev

If I followed you, the idea is to encode the resource bundle *keys* within enums. You still need to check the consistency of the resource bundle keys, including copies found in various language variations so that they match the enums. I can see how this would be useful if the IDE somehow knew about the the resource bundle keys and the enums and cross checked things. Without tooling support, one would still need to manually match the enum keys with those found in resource bundle. I still don't see the gain with enums. What am I missing?

You don't understand my idea a little. My idea is to use enums as log message id. The resource bundle keys is one of ways binding enums to log messages. Of cause, we need to check the consistency of the resource bundle keys.

public class enum LogMessages{ @Debug("debug log message") TEST0001 }

Log level annotation is one of ways. This is type safe.

If we follow up type safe, there is my thinking idea.

---- Binding enums to log messages by coding

---- public class JapanLogMessages implements LocalizedMessage<LogMessages>{ // return target locale public Locale locale() { return Locale.JAPAN; // target local } // return message bound log message id. public String toMessage(LogMessages logId){ switch (logId){ case TEST0001: // log message id return "japanene log message"; // return localized message } return null; } }

---- Switch case is type safe. In development, enums is useful because it is type safe.

I think enums have application possibility.