atom feed8 messages in org.apache.geronimo.devAre we getting close to being able to...
FromSent OnAttachments
Rick McGuireOct 20, 2010 11:32 am
IvanOct 20, 2010 5:57 pm
Shawn JiangOct 20, 2010 6:37 pm
David JencksOct 20, 2010 8:24 pm
Shawn JiangOct 20, 2010 10:47 pm
Kevan MillerOct 25, 2010 11:42 am
raboylesDec 7, 2010 8:28 am
Kevan MillerDec 7, 2010 10:04 am
Subject:Are we getting close to being able to have a 3.0-M2 release?
From:Rick McGuire (rick@gmail.com)
Date:Oct 20, 2010 11:32:09 am
List:org.apache.geronimo.dev

We've made a lot of progress on Geronimo 3.0 since the M1 release and are starting to get close to passing the Web Profile TCK. I'm thinking it's time to start discussing plans for doing another release update.

I'm assuming we'd want to do this shortly after we can be certified as passing the Web Profile TCK. At that time, we'll have a number of SNAPSHOT dependencies we'll need to have releases on. The biggest dependencies that will need to resolved (and which likely can only be handled after getting the TCK to pass cleanly) are openejb, openwebbeans, and xbean. Two other critical components we'd need are a new tomcat external release and a Jetty release (currently using 8.0.0.M2-SNAPSHOT)

Other snapshots we're using:

- the txmanager and connector (probably can only be released toward the end) - jaspi (probably can be released at any time) - the ejb spec (probably can be released at any time) - the el spec (Just had an update to a number of files, might want to wait a little on this one). - scout (used only for web services, so this will likely be removed). - axiom (ditto) - activemq 5.4-SNAPSHOT (5.4.1 is out...can we use that one? This is something we should investigate now).

For the 3.0-M1 release, the big hold up was the long chain of snapshot dependencies that needed to be resolved. The more we can get resolved now, the better the chances of avoiding the same chain-reaction pileup we experienced the last time.

Implicit in the above is the M2 release would receive the same sort of pruning that was performed on the M1 release to remove all of the web services elements that really have not had received any attention yet. If not, then we'll need to chase after some additional components like scout.

Rick