We've made a lot of progress on Geronimo 3.0 since the M1 release and
are starting to get close to passing the Web Profile TCK. I'm thinking
it's time to start discussing plans for doing another release update.
I'm assuming we'd want to do this shortly after we can be certified as
passing the Web Profile TCK. At that time, we'll have a number of
SNAPSHOT dependencies we'll need to have releases on. The biggest
dependencies that will need to resolved (and which likely can only be
handled after getting the TCK to pass cleanly) are openejb,
openwebbeans, and xbean. Two other critical components we'd need are a
new tomcat external release and a Jetty release (currently using
Other snapshots we're using:
- the txmanager and connector (probably can only be released toward the
- jaspi (probably can be released at any time)
- the ejb spec (probably can be released at any time)
- the el spec (Just had an update to a number of files, might want to
wait a little on this one).
- scout (used only for web services, so this will likely be removed).
- axiom (ditto)
- activemq 5.4-SNAPSHOT (5.4.1 is out...can we use that one? This is
something we should investigate now).
For the 3.0-M1 release, the big hold up was the long chain of snapshot
dependencies that needed to be resolved. The more we can get resolved
now, the better the chances of avoiding the same chain-reaction pileup
we experienced the last time.
Implicit in the above is the M2 release would receive the same sort of
pruning that was performed on the M1 release to remove all of the web
services elements that really have not had received any attention yet.
If not, then we'll need to chase after some additional components like