atom feed68 messages in org.oasis-open.lists.xriRe: [xri] URIMap element (was: XRD tr...
FromSent OnAttachments
34 earlier messages
David FuellingDec 11, 2008 2:24 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 11, 2008 2:25 pm
David FuellingDec 11, 2008 2:28 pm
Sakimura NatDec 11, 2008 3:13 pm
Brian EatonDec 11, 2008 3:16 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 11, 2008 11:40 pm
Peter DavisDec 12, 2008 5:18 am
John BradleyDec 12, 2008 8:02 am
Dirk BalfanzDec 12, 2008 10:32 am
David FuellingDec 12, 2008 1:33 pm
David FuellingDec 12, 2008 1:45 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 12, 2008 2:04 pm
David FuellingDec 12, 2008 4:01 pm
Nat SakimuraDec 14, 2008 11:17 pm
John BradleyDec 15, 2008 6:08 am
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 1:15 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 15, 2008 1:40 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 1:55 pm
John BradleyDec 15, 2008 2:07 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 15, 2008 2:27 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 2:29 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 2:41 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 15, 2008 3:08 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 3:18 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 15, 2008 3:37 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 4:17 pm
Dirk BalfanzDec 15, 2008 6:03 pm
David FuellingDec 15, 2008 9:06 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 10:09 pm
Eran Hammer-LahavDec 15, 2008 10:25 pm
Ben LaurieDec 16, 2008 3:15 am
John BradleyDec 16, 2008 7:59 am
Nat SakimuraDec 16, 2008 6:36 pm
John BradleyDec 18, 2008 7:38 am
Subject:Re: [xri] URIMap element (was: XRD trusted discovery workflow)
From:Dirk Balfanz (balf@google.com)
Date:Dec 15, 2008 3:37:54 pm
List:org.oasis-open.lists.xri

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <er@hueniverse.com>wrote:

On 12/15/08 3:08 PM, "Dirk Balfanz" <balf@google.com> wrote:

Ok, I think we're in violent agreement over this, then.

Which I do not understand what it is.

That site-meta is for the site, which is different from the root resource, how OpenID discovery for directed vs. claimed id should work, etc.

The questions, though, remain (independent of applications such as OpenID):

(1) Is there going to be a resource map/Link-Template equivalent in XRD?

Yes. <Link> elements will be allowed to include <URI> elements and <TemplateURI> elements. So a <TemplateURI> could be used as a resource map, but that meaning is very much application specific. There is no such thing as a generic URI map. The map must always have a very clear semantic meaning. In /site-meta, when used with rel="describedby", it offers a way to go from the R-URI to the D-URI. Any other rel and the meaning is undefined.

So this would be ok:

<Link> <Rel>http://openid.net/signon</Rel> <TemplateURI>http://example.com/openid?user={URI}</TemplateURI> </Link>

I assume this is ok, too (trying to understand what "there is no such thing as a generic URI map" means):

<Link> <Rel>describedby</Rel> <TemplateURI>http://example.com/xrd?uri={URI}</TemplateURI> </Link>

It would be nice to have the latter, too, even though it's something that can be expressed easily in /site-meta. The reason it would be nice to have is that in a XRD, it can be signed.

(2) If so, what are the possible values for the rel-type parameter both in site-meta and in XRD?

Anything you want. I only care to define the semantic meaning of rel="describedby" as my "application" is a generic descriptor method.

Sounds good.

Dirk.

(3) If not, what are the possible values for the rel-type parameter in site-meta, and how are we gonna do secure discovery?

See my previous reply to Brian and the above information.

EHL