atom feed4 messages in org.apache.struts.devRe: Using a property of type Map in a...
FromSent OnAttachments
Martin CooperDec 1, 2002 10:18 pm
Craig R. McClanahanDec 2, 2002 8:45 am
Martin CooperDec 2, 2002 9:15 pm
O'brien, TimDec 4, 2002 6:04 pm.txt
Subject:Re: Using a property of type Map in a DynaActionForm
From:Craig R. McClanahan (crai@apache.org)
Date:Dec 2, 2002 8:45:23 am
List:org.apache.struts.dev

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Martin Cooper wrote:

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:18:05 -0800 (PST) From: Martin Cooper <mart@apache.org> Reply-To: Struts Developers List <stru@jakarta.apache.org> To: stru@jakarta.apache.org Subject: Using a property of type Map in a DynaActionForm

As far as I can determine, it is not possible to create a DynaActionForm which has a property of type Map. It is also not possible to extend it to be able to accept a property of type Map. This seems like an unfortunate omission, so I'd like to fix it. First, though, I'd like to get some feedback on whether there is a reason it's not currently supported, and on the best way of resolving it.

It's *supposed* to work if you declare the property type to be java.util.Map instead of a concrete implementation of Map. You'll still need to create your own Map instance at the moment -- I do mine in a custom reset() method, but we probably also need a better solution based on an initial expression.

Craig